Welcome back to digitalvideonews.com.
It’s been a long time since the XL1 and FCP changed the way we did things.
You might have noticed that this page remained unchanged for several years while we got on with our real jobs… then along came DVCproHD, Hdcam and HDV, Xvid, VidX, H264 and much much more. Now it’s time to think about giving digitalvideonews.com a bit of a review or maybe even a re-launch in a completely new way. And while we spend the next several years meaning to get around to it, here’s a few sites with real content which you might want to visit to keep up with what’s going on in the DV communities:
First read the manuals if you intend to use the cameras
Catch up on the background in camera comparisons
– the awful truth about DV camera capabilities
– legendary site with loads of links and good info
- the XL1 watchdog – Mecca for Canon users
Surf the DV forums and knowledge bases:
– a great site to start from, but commercial
- the mother of all DV camera forums
- the grandmother of 2-pop
Find out about IEEE1394 and firewire:
- trade information site
– world respected authority on DV format technical issues
And get some good professional training online:
- the Digital Video Professionals Association
Meantime please not that this is not a commercial site – not yet anyway!